Eyelash curling, long and thick are every woman's dream. Therefore, the eyes and face will look more attractive. Various methods have been carried out so that the eye framing feathers become dazzling and dramatic, from the natural way of home care, the use of eyelash growers, the use of false eyelashes, to the latest beauty procedure trends.
Eyelashes are not only as a sweetener to the eyes and face, it also plays an important role in protecting the eyes from dirt, and acts as a sensor that warns the eye of the potential danger of approaching objects. The length and thickness of eyelashes for each person is different. Luckily for those who have long, supple and thick lashes. Chemotherapy will usually experience eyelash thinning. Unhealthy lifestyles such as laziness to clean eye makeup, and rubbing the eye area too rough also affect the health of the eyes and the growth of your eyelashes. But don't worry, there are various effective ways to lengthen and coat eyelashes, both with home remedies to the latest beauty procedures.
The following are various ways you can do to lengthen or thicken eyelashes that you can try , namely:
Natural Home Treatments
To beautify the eyes and face, women generally use beauty tools such as mascara to give a long, supple and thick impression to the lashes. There are many types of home care that are intended to help grow one's eyelashes and are believed to be able to lengthen and thicken eyelashes, including:
- Petroleum jelly. Applying petroleum jelly to eyelashes at bedtime, three times a week, and washing them in the morning is believed to help lengthen and thicken eyelashes.
- Green tea. Applying wet green tea or cold green tea with cotton every day is also said to make eyelashes long and thick.
- Olive oil. Olive oil with or without lemon is also believed to help lengthen and flex eyelashes. Apply olive oil that has been mixed with lemon on the lashes before going to bed, then in the morning rinse and clean your lashes.
- Castor oil. Applying castor oil to eyelashes before bed is also believed to help make eyelashes long and thick. Don't forget to rinse and clean the eyes in the morning. Before using lashes, you should try first on the skin to see if there are allergies or not. Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid which often causes allergies.
- Aloe vera. Equivalent three money with castor oil and others, applying aloe vera gel to eyelashes every day at night is believed to help lengthen and thicken eyelashes.
Although home care is believed to be able to lengthen and thicken eyelashes, you still need to be careful, because the methods above have not been scientifically proven to help lengthen and thicken eyelashes.
The only medicine Eyelash growers that have been scientifically proven are bimatoprost. Medications approved by the American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that make your eyelashes grow longer and thicker. Initially, bimatoprost is an eye drop to treat glaucoma. But then the researchers found beneficial side effects caused by the drug, which stimulates eyelash growth. In the end, this drug is marketed with the use of lengthening and thickening eyelashes.
The use of this drug by applying it along the lash line on the upper eyelid alone, is not recommended to be applied to the lower eyelid line. Apply regularly every day for two months. This drug gradually encourages the growth of eyelashes that are longer, thicker, and darker.
Although it has the use of lengthening and thickening eyelashes, bimatoprost is also at risk of having side effects, including:
- The eyes feel itchy, dry and red.
- The eyelids become darker.
- Pigmentation of dark chocolate in the iris of the eye.
- Growing hair on around the eyes if applying the medicine to the area outside the eyelid.
- Although the dark eyelid can fade when the drug is stopped, the discoloration of the iris tends to be permanent.
Nevertheless, bimatoprost drugs are currently not included in the BPOM list in Indonesia. Please be aware of longitudinal and thickening lashes that are sold freely on the market.
Don't want to bother with the use of mascara and eyelash curler? You can use false eyelashes to get dazzling and dramatic eyes. There are many choices of false eyelashes, ranging from colors to lengths. This is an effective solution for those of you who want the look of eyelashes that are long and thick instantly.
The use of these false eyelashes also requires caution, making sure the glue to attach false eyelashes does not irritate your eyes. Apply glue to the base of false eyelashes and make sure the glue doesn't get into your eyes. You are advised to remove false eyelashes and clean them before going to bed. And do not exchange false eyelashes with others, because this can move bacteria that can cause eye infections.
In addition to false eyelashes , eyelash extensions can be another solution. Extension eyelashes are the latest beauty procedure trends available in various salons and beauty centers. Extension eyelashes are individual eyelashes made of synthetic fibers such as nylon which are implanted one by one above the upper eyelid lashes with special adhesive. In the process, usually beauticians will plant 40 to 100 strands of eyelashes on the line of the original eyelash using long, pointed tweezers. Extension These eyelashes can produce dramatic and captivating eyelashes when done properly. Extension eyelashes can usually last up to two months and will fall out along with the loss of your original eyelashes. In this case, you need to take care or touch up eyelashes once a month.
Extension eyelashes are one of the toughest beauty procedures for a beautician to learn. Therefore, make sure this beauty procedure is performed by the best beautician and certified with a reputable eyelash product. Because the technique of extension eyelashes that are not good can cause irritation, premature loss, even serious injury to the eyelids and area of your eyes.
What you need to consider about extension Eyelashes are the ingredients found in the eyelash products. Many eyelash extensions contain formaldehyde, which is also found in a number of cosmetic products such as mascara. If you have an allergic reaction to the content, avoid using it. However, there are also many products that have eyelash extensions with low formaldehyde content that allows use by people who are sensitive to these chemicals. Remember to treat eyelashes when using the product extension eyelashes and follow the maintenance instructions to avoid problems.
Tips on Caring for Eyelashes
Eyelash care can be improve the health of your eyelashes and make your eyelashes longer, thicker and grow longer. Some eyelash care tips include:
- Clean your eyelashes with a soft and regular eyelash brush.
- Clean your face and eye area with soft soap (does not contain irritants) every day.
- Clean your makeup before going to bed.
- Use a remover (remover / eraser) soft face makeup, make sure you do it with your heart- liver and do not rub the area of the eyelash that causes eyelashes to fall out.
- Be careful when using an eyelash curler, do not hit the eyelid.
- If you want to remove mascara clots, do it when mascara is still wet and easy to comb.
Like head hair, the use of a special eyelash conditioner is also needed to repair your lashes. You can apply a thin eyelash conditioner at night. Protein content such as keratin, biotin, and moisturizer in eyelash conditioners is useful for strengthening and moisturizing eyelashes, and helps stop eyelash damage. To get better information, you can consult with a dermatologist or beauty specialist.